Monday, July 18, 2011

Geckos and Things


I have returned! From a glorious couple of days in Key West. I have a henna gecko. Henna courage gecko.

I practiced a lot of Baroque oboe today! Not very organized practicing, but just playing through a lot of music. I really want to have a lot of rep under my belt for when I see Gonzalo next, I feel like he will expect me to. I've been plundering IMSLP for pieces, but it is very difficult because there is so much Baroque music and I don't know what is super interesting and fun besides the standards we always play on modern oboe.

So far I've been working on:
Telemann Kleine Kammermusik, Suites 2 and 5
Telemann Sonata in a minor
Vivaldi Sonata in c minor
sort of the 2 Handel sonatas...but they're in Bb and g minor...will work more in the keys of Bb and g minor. Right now, Bb is my least favorite note...
I think I'm going to pull out the Hertel too.

It's been good for me to just be reading through movements, not allowing myself to stop. I think I was sounding pretty good today!

On another note, I finished Tom Jones and sent an epic email to Dr. Rose about it. Writing emails to Dr. Rose is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment